CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

God's Little Evangelist

For those of you who do not know, my husband and I were recently called to join the evangelist team at our church.  We have been sharing our experiences with our children...well Friday morning my son Dallas (7 years old) decided he wanted to evangelize also! So, all day he was very excited. I mentioned that he should share The Gospel with his cousins. Dallas knows they are not saved and he has been praying for them for a long time. He new what God was asking him to do.


Luke 10:21
 21In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.


All morning Saturday he had his Bible in his hand and was waiting for the perfect time. The Lord had him read later that night when we went to a restaurant. Dallas told me that he wanted to share The Gospel, but he was nervous. And I told him to not think about it and just do it! Because if God is asking him to do something he needs to be obedient. So, he read...he started by asking them if they would like to hear The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Next, he read John 3:3 and then Romans 10:9. I was so excited that the Lord used him in such a mighty way!


Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.



Dallas came up to me after he read in tears and said, "Mom, I don't think they are saved yet though. They just think I'm reading them a story and that's it. They don't understand". I explained to him, that sometimes people do not understand...but if we keep praying eventually, they will understand. We are helping God find his lost sheep, but sometimes the sheep do not want to be found because they want to do things their own way. We just have to wait and eventually they will realize that they do not want to be lost anymore. And they will be so happy when they are found!


Luke 15:4-7
4What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
 5And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
 6And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
 7I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

2 comments:

  1. Bless his little heart. He's gonna be a great teacher one day, well already it seems like. I'm proud of you as a parent, you've done a great job with him.
    I'm a new follower, found you the Wednesday Blog Hop, please feel free sometime to stop by my blog, thank you and have a great week!
    http://www.nontypicalmom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me. Following you back .

    ReplyDelete